- Mansfield, Australia
|Telephone:||1800 039 firstname.lastname@example.org^www.mansfield-mtbuller.com.au|
- Head to Mount Buller and Mt Stirling for great winter skiing
- Saddle up and relive the film, The Man from Snowy River, with a horseback ride from Mount Buller
- Enjoy spectacular bushwalking - trails lead across plains of wildflowers, with view's of Mount Buller and the peaks of the Alpine National Park
- Try mountain biking or four wheel driving along the old mountain cattle trails
- Enjoy excellent fishing, canoeing and white water rafting on the Howqua and Delatite rivers
- Learn to rock climb at Mount Buller
- Hire a houseboat and explore Lake Eildon
- Enjoy spectacular views from Craig's Hut, Power's Lookout and the summit of Mount Buller
- Visit the Troopers' Monument erected in 1880 as a tribute to policemen Lonigan, Kennedy and Scanlon who were shot dead by Ned Kelly at nearby Stringybark Creek
Mansfield, located at the foot of the Great Dividing Range has been the centre of the High Country since the late 1800’s. It is the gateway to the popular Victorian ski resort of Mt Buller and home to spectacular scenery, numerous outdoor activities and a range of accommodation that ideally caters for skiers or those looking for a scenic getaway.
With Mt Buller only a short drive up a single concealed road, the people of Mansfield have reason to breathe for the snow. It is said that the first alpine skiers from Mansfield were European miners who were bored by inactivity during the winter months. It is said that they sculpted ski’s from fence palings and were seen riding the nearby mountain sides. There are regular bus trips scheduled from the town centre to the mountains to accommodate for those who aren’t that keen to tackle the winding road themselves.
There are also a number of fantastic restaurants, shops and activities to keep any guest content while they visit the town. If you need a break from the slopes, there a horse riding trips daily, as well as abseiling and 4WD tours.